It records only Cash receipt and payments. It has only one cash column on each of the debit and credit side of the book. All the cash receipts are recorded on the debit side and the cash payment on the credit side.
Hints for writing single column cash book:
The following points Mould be kept in mind while writing a single column cash book:-
- The Cash Book is divided into two equal parts. The receipts of the cash are shown on the left hand i.e. on the debit side and all payments are shown on the
right hand side i.e. on the credit side.
- The balance of the cash brought forward from the previous period is written at the top of debit side as To Balance or To Capital in case of a new business when
cash is paid on account the same is entered on credit side.
- It should be balanced at the end of the given period.
Posting the single column cash book:
The following points should be kept in mind while posting the Cash Book.
- Opening and closing balances are not posted.
- The items appearing in the debit side of the cash book will be posted to the credit
of the respective accounts in the ledger.
- The reverse will be the case for the entries appearing on the credit side of the cash book will be posted to the debit of the respective accounts in the ledger.
cash book and post into the
Enter the following transactions in the simple
Cash in hand
Received cash from Saleem
Paid to Jamil & Co.
Bought furniture for cash
Paid salaries for the month
Jan. 06 By Jamil & Co.
By balance c/d
Similar Accounting Articles:
- TWO OR DOUBLE COLUMN CASH BOOK:
- METHOD OF POSTING
- CASH BOOK
- CONTRA ENTRY
- HINTS FOR WRITING THREE COLUMNS CASH BOOK;